Permits & Licenses Info
Where to Apply:
Building Permit and Variance Requirement Cheat Sheet
from Chapters 56 and 112 of the Code of the Village of Tully
You do NOT need a building permit if:
· You are conducting necessary repairs which do not materially affect structural features
· Alterations to existing buildings cost less than $10,000
· Alterations do not affect fire safety features such as smoke detectors, sprinklers, required fire separations and exits
· Alterations do not involve the installation or extension of electrical systems
· Alterations do not include the installation of solid-fuel heating appliances and associated chimneys and flues
You probably need a Building Permit in any other case.
You may require an Area Variance if a structure or alterations to an existing structure fall within a front, side or backyard setback required by the zoning for your location. Your zoning “R” code can be found on your tax bill or the Onondaga County Real Property database at www.ongov.net.
· R1 requires a front yard of 40 ft, a side yard of 20 ft, a back yard of 40 ft, and a maximum building height of 30 feet.
· R2 requires a front yard of 40 ft, a side yard of 15 ft, a back yard of 40 ft, and a maximum building height of 30 feet.
· R3 requires a front yard of 40 ft, a side yard of 10 ft, a back yard of 20 ft, and a maximum building height of 30 feet.
· GB requires a front yard of 25 ft, a side yard of 10 ft, a back yard of 30 ft, and a maximum building height of 34 feet.
Additionally, there are some restrictions on the uses and activities permitted within various zones in the village.
If you have any questions, please contact the Village Codes Enforcement Officer, Ralph Lamson, at 315-696-4693 ext. 19.